Saturday, July 18, 2009

In the works...

A while ago I found a pair of wingback chairs on Craigslist 2 for $25. My plan was to get them recovered but when I found out that the average cost to have it recovered was around 200 I thought it defeated the purpose of the cheap chairs. Being the crazy DIY person that I am I took it upon myself to figure out how to recover them myself. I am still in the process of recovering it but though I would post my progress thus far. It was a lot harder than I thought to get the fabric off. It killed my hands so I had Kirk help me and it also killed his hands. Once Im finished I will post the before and after!
victory.
Hard at work

 Sore hands 

5 comments:

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

Sounds like a challenge! You are such a pro!! I can't waaaait to see the finished product!! Maybe we can sit in them while we craft?!? IF only they made wingback highchairs for the Brodester to join us...

McKenzie said...

You're awesome! I would love to see the fabric you chose.

Rebecca Lowe said...

you are so crafty and brave! i will try and use your brave example to decorate my apartment this year.

Ana Lee said...

haha those pics are so cute. I'm excited to see the finished product!

rubi said...

oh my goodness, that is quite the challenge! can't wait to see how it turns out.